Holy Trinity Chapel
Residents of Gyula who survived the plague in 1738 vowed to build a chapel, which they succeeded raising by 1741 and expanded it in 1752. 1772-1795 the surrounding area was used as a cemetery. Today's final form of the chapel was completed 1815-1817. The core has been extended with baroque classical elements. When the tower was built, the choir, and then everything was bought organ and bells from the tower. The chapel has a length of 21 m, a width of 7 meters and height of 5 m. The tower is 20 m. The main altar painting representing the Holy Trinity was carried out in 1839. The beautiful baroque statue depicting the Virgin Mary, placed in a glass cabinet, dating from the eighteenth century. In 1930 a fire destroyed the roof, which was replaced with tile shingles. The bell tower of the chapel is special not only because of its size: has a diameter of 46 cm and weighing over 60 kg, but also bears the inscription IN HONOR IN NOVOTNY ANTONIUS crucifix FUDIT 1907 N. TEMESVAR.