Saint Joseph Church
St. Joseph church was built between 1863 and 1866 based on the plans of József Nuszbeck. The late Baroque building can already present also classic elements, moreover, the subsequent reconstructions and renovations were added also a romantic note to its forms.
The church located in the former German neighborhood and has been "renamed" the Józsefváros, named after its saint patron, was the third church in German Gyula Town. The construction of the church was used materials resulting from the demolition of their old chapels and gossips say that also the stones of the nearby Franciscan church.
Baroque wooden sculptures dating from the eighteenth century and originating from Nepomuk, depicting St. Joseph and the Virgin Mary, is unquestionably the object with the most value in the Church of Saint Joseph. The altar painting, which depicts St. Joseph, was conducted by Antal Szegedi Hirt, whiles the Sacco sites ceiling painting above the altar dating from year1924 is the work of Lajos Ramold.