The Tasting House of the Gyulai Pálinka Manufactory welcomes its guests and offers the following services:
- visits to the distillery; professional guided tours with the participation of a master brewer
- 30 different kinds of pálinka, most of which are gold medal winners
- tasting programmes and presentations on the history of pálinka
- hosting family, company and team building events
- tasting of local artisan products (Gyulai sausage, honey, jam, syrup)
- unique souvenirs
- a walk in the beautiful 8.5 hectare orchard
- archery, petanque, and a children's play area
The tasting house, located next to the distillery, is a genuine reminder of Baron János Harruckern's era. In this charming venue, guests, whether they come individually or in a group, can familiarise themselves with the world of pálinka. A variety of tasting programmes and delicious snacks await the foodies. The idyllic, peaceful surroundings and a homely atmosphere will make a visit to the tasting house a truly memorable experience.
Visitors participating in a guided tour have the opportunity to learn about the technology of pálinka making, from the cultivation of the fruit to the production of the wonderful distillates. The tours start from the orchard and are guided by a master distiller. Among other things, one can learn about the Békés Plum Pálinka, a Hungarian speciality, and the historical origins of the Gyulai pálinka production by watching a short film. Also on display are the traditions of pálinka making, the current technologies and, last but not least, the culture of pálinka consumption. After gaining this theoretical insight, participants can taste the „fruits of the labour,” the award-winning pálinka, along with crispy homemade bread, roast pig or barbecues. Another specialty worth trying here is the Hungarian focaccia pizza, aka kenyérlángos, traditionally made with sour cream, bacon bits, cream cheese, herbs and onion.
- 5700 Gyula, Sándorhegy utca 1.