With the award-winning Gyulai sausages, liverwurst and other meat products, we can make our everyday meals enjoyable and varied.
The history of the local meat industry began in 1868 with the construction of a slaughterhouse. The first international recognition of Gyulai sausage was given to József Balogh, who won the Gold Medal at the 1910 Brussels World Fair. The success story was continued in 1935 by András Stéberl, who also received the Gold Diploma at the Brussels International Exposition for his 'small pair of Gyulai sausages' and launched the commercial production of Gyulai and other dry sausages. The processing of the dry sausages is still carried out on the original premises using traditional technologies: they are smoked in beech wood and dried in authentic maturing rooms.
The respect for tradition and its preservation earned yet another recognition in 2010, when the European Commission granted the use of the Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) trademark for sausages made in Gyula and Békéscsaba. Gyulai and Csabai sausages may only be produced within the administrative boundaries of Gyula and Békéscsaba using specific raw ingredients in accordance with technological specifications and following the centuries-old traditions. In addition to international appreciation, Hungarian juries have given numerous awards to various types of products from the aforementioned producers, over the years. Gyulahús Ltd’s latest product, Gyulai Kispáros sausage, inspired by András Stéberl's formula, won the Hungarian Product Grand Prize in 2013. The Gyulai brand also won the MagyarBrands title in 2010, 2011 and 2013, and the Business Superbrands and SuperBrands titles in 2011 and 2013, respectively.